Words coming to you from my mind

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Another beginning

The insurance agency says I have one chance to do this. Get a new start on life. 
In the weight department.

So two weeks into it, I thought to write 
a whatever this is. 

I gave up food
and realized how addictive food is. 
But also, how much time we invest in food.

I have read more in these past two weeks, listened to more (of the same) music. Wrote.
Listened to people (usually while watching them eat).

I get addiction now. To have a setting to catch up, when a friend comes in from out of town involves food and drink. Celebrating successes and offering sympathy involves food. To live socially involves food.

All television, wither commercial or within the story, involves food. Scenes in books have feasting or a dinner. It is omnipresent. 

15 pounds in fourteen days is a feat, and should be easy to overcome these temptations. 

But like the night creeping upon a candle in a Halloween movie, I keep watching people eat, wanting to taste, consume. 

It is getting darker earlier, colder
exercising isn't an option in the raining ice pellets 
and holidays loom closer with the colorful side dishes and succulent proteins
I must a stone witch immune to temptation and wickedly alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment